Safety Audit means an audit undertaken by, or on behalf of the Authority, of the effectiveness of the Licensee’s Safety Management System or of the extent of compliance with the Licensee’s Safety Rules.
The Bhutan Electricity Authority (BEA) shall conduct safety audits in accordance to the requirements of the Section 10 of Safety Regulation 2008 of the BEA.
Till date, the Monitoring Division has carried out electrical safety audits in the following offices of the Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPC). This was to verify the enforcement of the Safety Rules and Safety Management System in the BPC in accordance to the provisions of the Safety Code 2008 and Safety Regulations 2008 of the Bhutan Electricity Authority while implementing their electrical operation and maintenance works in the transmission and distribution systems.
- Electricity Service Division (ESD):
- Transmission Department:
- 132/33/11 kV Substation, SMD, Kilikhar, Mongar;
- Transmission Maintenance Division (TMD), Nangkhor, Pemagatshel.
- 132/33/11 kV Substation, SMD, Nangkhor, Pemagatshel;
- 132/33/11 kV Substation, SMD, Dewathang, Samdrupjongkhar;
- 132/33/11 kV Substation, SMD, Kanglung, Trashigang;
The Authority will continue to conduct electrical safety audits in the remaining offices of the BPC. It is also planning to conduct electrical safety audit in the generating companies.